Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More Swimming, Less Running

I decided to play last week by feeling since my knee acted up during the HM. What that ended up meaning was that I did 0 running but swam 9,550 yards, about 2,550 more than I had planned on swimming. I manged to get in two short rides (14mi each) which wasn't too bad considering I took three days completely off.

So far this week I've ran four miles and rode 14 - I was planning on swimming yesterday but had some meetings at work and was not able to make it. I'm planning on going today, tomorrow, and Thursday, and possibly swimming a 1 mile OWS on Saturday.

For some reason I feel like I've fallen out of the workout groove the last couple of weeks. I'm not really sure why but for some reason I've just felt like taking it easy - I guess you've just got to go with the flow and not push yourself too hard.

Jen is heading out of town this weekend so I'm solo for the workouts. That actually works out well since I was planning on doing a brick on Sunday and the swim on Saturday. Since she is in her taper for the HIM she wouldn't go with me anyway. This will also give me some time to kick back with a book and a cigar and maybe go check out The Dark Knight or Hellboy II - or maybe both.

No comments: