Monday, March 24, 2008

What a Difference a Week Makes

This last week I was able to workout everyday with very little to no discomfort. I attempted my first post-surgery run on Saturday and it went well with the miles coming in at 8:26, 8:27, 8:13, and 7:25. My lower legs were a bit sore on Sunday and still are a bit sore today but it’s nothing to complain about, just a little general tightness/soreness. Here is a breakdown of my workouts for the week:

Monday – 30 minutes on the trainer
Tuesday – Swam 500m at the pool – 9:41
Wednesday – 30 minutes on the trainer
Thursday – Swam 750m at the pool – 14:21
Friday – 45 minutes on the trainer and swam 750m at the pool – 14:08
Saturday – Ran 4mi 32:31 (8:07 AP), walked one mile (½ before, ½ after)
Sunday – Short hike w/ Jen (50 minutes) followed by 550m swim at the pool – 9:58

It was great to be out running again and I had a smile on my face the whole time. I may have gone a bit hard on the last mile but the sun was shining, I felt good and was happy to be out, and Tiesto was playing on my iPod so I just went with it and picked up the pace.

My schedule this week basically follows that of last week with the addition of some more running miles. The trainer has been great so far and I think it will really pay off when I have to work late and don’t have time or don’t feel like getting out on the road.

1 comment:

Marathon Maritza said...

Wow! Great mile splits for just having had surgery!