Friday, February 1, 2008

Taper Week

Wednesday Evening Run: Seven Miles
Total Time: 1:02:32
AP: 8:56
Avg bpm: 139

I was planning on running on Tuesday morning but I moved the run to Wednesday evening so I could go with Jen since she had eight on her schedule for the evening. My schedule called for six but I ended up running seven at a nice relaxed pace which was good for my legs, shins, and ankle (old hockey injury that still bothers me from time to time).

Friday Morning Run: 4.75 Miles
Total Time: 42:58
AP: 9:03
Avg bpm: 141

This morning we got up and headed out on the Iron Horse Trail since it was getting light out and the trail is a perfect place to run early in the morning. I had four on my schedule and Jen had five so I ended up running 4.75.

My half marathon is on Sunday and I am getting pretty excited. I definitely need to start out slow to get my legs warmed up to avoid any shin cramping (I’m not sure if I would be able to finish the run if they cramped up in the first couple of miles) then pick up the pace over the next few miles. I would like to feel comfortable through mile eight or nine then pick up the pace for the next couple of miles before pushing hard through the end. After the race I plan on relaxing for a bit and maybe catching part of the Super Bowl. We are going to see Chris Botti that evening so I’m not sure how much of the game we will be able to see – but hey, I’ll take a good jazz show and great sushi dinner over the Super Bowl any day (Now the Stanley Cup, that’s another story all together).

3 comments:

jen said...

GOOD LUCK SUNDAY!

I know you have had shin issues, and I know how frusterating that can be, but you have been really smart about it and have avoided a bigger problem. You have trained well, you are fast, and you have a great coach (he he), I'd say you are going to rock this half marathon.

Have fun!! I can't wait to cheer you on. I'm so proud of you!! :)

Arcane said...

I'm a bigger hockey fan than a football fan, but I like watching the Super Bowl for the spectacle of the thing. Good luck with the half.

Anonymous said...

You are ready! Have a great half-marathon. Will be thinking of you.
"Pure Life". Dragonfly on the Water