Friday, April 11, 2008

Taco Pizza on my Mind



Tonight I fly to Phoenix to visit my grandparents, see some friends, and have some Taco Pizza at Godfather's. Jen is already in Phoenix for work so when she picks me up at the airport this evening she will have a taco pizza waiting for me in the car. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm - I can already smell the delicious combination of delectable flavors. While growing up in Montana we had a Godfather's in my home town and I would enjoy the beauty that is taco pizza at least twice a month. Almost every birthday party I had in my youth was held at Godfather's where my friends and I enjoyed all the pizza, video games, and soda our little bodies could handle. Whenever I go back home (which admittedly is not often enough) I always make the rounds eating at the places I used to frequent and Godfather's is at the top of the list. I still enjoy a taco pizza, a soda or two, and some adult video games (aka video keno).

Yesterday after work it was beautiful in the Bay Area; high 70's, no clouds, and very little wind. I considered going up to the gym for a swim since I had already done a recovery ride on the trainer that morning. The problem with after work swimming is that plenty of other people have that same idea. I hemmed and hawed about it for a bit then decided with the weather being so great I would head out for my first post surgery outside ride. I took my bike off the trainer, changed out the rear quick release, and headed out on the road for a short ride. 14 miles later I was back at the house and feeling great. It was nice to be back out on the roads where the terrain and scenery are constantly changing. I'm not sure what my average speed was but I hit 30 mph on a flat section near my house which surprised the hell out of me. Previously the fastest I had gone on that stretch was around 25/26.

14mi - total time 47:04

I stayed up a little later than normal last night because I wanted to read after watching the hockey game (Sharks won!) and I also needed to get my stuff ready for my trip so it was a little difficult dragging myself out of bed this morning. I eventually got up around 5:55 and headed up to the gym for a swim. I felt so so for most of the swim, not really tired but not really great either. I stopped after 750 and took a nice long steam.

750m - 13:40

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hey Zach,

I sold the Plant X to my buddy who was in need of a TT bike. It fit him better than it did me. I was able to get into a better position on the Felt.

Glad to see you are doing better!!!