Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pull Buoy is Strange

am Swim at 24hr - 1150m
500m - 9:02
500m w/ PB - 10:41
3x50 - :45, :42, :41

Ok - so the pull buoy is strange. I'm not sure what I was expecting it to be like but for the first couple of laps it just felt awkward. My legs felt like they were sinking a bit even with the buoy between my legs. I moved it down toward my ankles but then it pulled my feet too high. Eventually I noticed that once I was moving my legs sort of pulled themselves to the surface, but it was still a strange feeling. For the next couple of laps I really focused on pulling myself through the water and keeping my speed up. I was able to go six or seven strokes before having to breathe; a change from the three I normally take. At this point my opinion of the buoy is neutral - I'm going to try it out a few more times before making any real decision on it. After swimming 1000 I decided to do a couple of quick laps with breaks in between. This was a nice way to end the swim and I think I will start adding speed work to a couple of swims each week. Today was the first morning in a while that the steam room wasn't working - I had to settle for a stretch in the sauna.

No comments: