Friday, August 31, 2007

Early, warm, and dry

Ran 4 mi w/ Jen
Total Time: 35:29
AP: 8:52

Got up at 5:15 this morning and was out of bed at 5:20 - our running clothes were ready and waiting so we were out the door in 5 minutes. We ran the new route I did on Monday and had a fun run. It was warm out (maybe around 70)and the air was really dry so I was thirsty right away but Jen had her bottle with her (since she was doing 10 total) and I was able to get a drink. We kept a nice pace and chatted a bit during the run about glycogen stores, carbs, protein, and other nutritional things that a few months ago I could have cared less about. We got on the topic because last night we were watching the Track and Field World Championships and the announcer noted that the reigning world champ in the 400m hurdles did not eat on race days. Overall it was a great run - I had a bit of Blue 5 pain on the inside of my ankle above the bone. Sort of a shin splint in reverse. I was glad Jen joined me as running with her is always a lot of fun.

No comments: