Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Monday Run and Swim

Yesterday I got up early to get my run in. My wife was out of town last night so I knew the chances of me deciding not to run in the evening were pretty good. It's not that I don't want to run some evenings after work, it's that I don't want to run some evenings after work. Anyway - up at 5:15, out the door at about 5:23 for a nice 4 mile run. It was still dark out when I left and the only other person I saw for the first two miles was a biker who appeared to be heading to work (or he enjoys training in a button up shirt). On the way back I passed by another runner who waved hello as our paths crossed. By the time I got back the sky was getting light and I had just enough time to stretch before I had to start getting ready for work.

Total Miles: 4
Total Time: 31:21

I brought my swim stuff with me to work and lugged it from the BART station to the office and back again so I thought I might as well head up to the gym for a bit. Once I started my laps I felt tired and since I didn't really have a goal distance in mind I decided that 750m followed by a nice steam would be the perfect workout. It was.

Total Swim: 750m
Total Time: 14:04

No comments: