Thursday, August 23, 2007

Running Group Graveyard Loop

Run: 5.35 miles
Time: 43:09
AP: 8:04

Last night after work Jen picked me up at BART and we headed up to our Wednesday night group run. It is organized by a local running shop and has solid attendance every week; it's also a nice break from running close to home. We started out at a brisk pace and hung toward the front of the pack for a bit. At about the two mile mark we turned off to do the graveyard loop which immediately spits you out onto hills and into the nice warm, energy draining, make you thirsty, merciless Population I star known as the Sun. After a couple small rolling hills you get to a steady climb that goes for about a half a mile (give or take). Once you reach the top it's down and flat from then on and you get some nice shade for a majority of the second half of the run. We stopped and walked a couple of times which was nice as I was getting a cramp in the back side of my shoulder. What I really wanted was a drink of water, unfortunately that was going to have to wait until we got back to the store. We finished off the run at a nice steady pace, finishing the run in 43:09 or an average pace of 8:04. Overall the run felt pretty good except for the extreme thirst that set in at the top of the long hill. Tonight is a bike night, not sure how many miles I'll get in yet - schedule calls for 8 to 11 so I guess it just depends on how I feel.

No comments: