Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Riding and Running

Tues pm ride - 13.9 mi
Amador - VP - AL - FH - Nor - AL - Stage - IH
Total Time: 45:39
Avg mph: 18.3

Quick ride after work yesterday and the distance got me very close to the darkness cutoff. I haven't picked up any clear sunglasses but really they would probably only add 15 or 20 minutes onto my ride time. I guess that's enough time to get in a few extra miles so I'll keep an eye out for them. Overall it was a nice hard ride that really wasn't all that hard (if that makes sense).

Wed am run w/ Jen - modified loop - 3.4 mi
Total Time: 31:18
AP: 9:12

Nice easy run this morning which was perfect after last night's hard ride. I cut it a bit short so I would have time to do a nice long stretch before getting in the shower. It's so nice running with someone in the morning, really breaks up the routine. Really it's not that we're talking the whole time but being with someone you enjoy being around while doing something you enjoy is one of the best things in the world. No pains or soreness to speak of other than stiff legs for the first half mile or so. Jen continued on to do 11 total and from the preliminary reports it was a good run. I think this may be my last run before the Tri on Sunday but I will still get in a couple more swims and maybe another ride.

1 comment:

jen said...

"being with someone you enjoy being around while doing something you enjoy is one of the best things in the world."

Well said. :) Great job on the "taper week" workouts. Take it easy from here on out and you'll be feeling super fresh on Sunday!