Thursday, September 20, 2007

Windy Wednesday - Thursday Morning Swim

Last night I got off a bit early since I was down at a conference for work but when I got home the wind was blowing, and I mean really blowing, so I decided that a ride was not going to happen. It's not that I was worried about headwinds (even though they do suck); what I was worried about were the blow you into traffic or traffic into you winds.

Thursday am swim @ 24hr. - 1250m
Total Time: 24:41

Set the alarm for a few minutes earlier than usual (4:50am) and was out the door at about 5:01. I was thinking about swimming over 1000 but hadn't decided for sure. During the swim I felt that it was hard to breathe on my right side; I'm not sure why, maybe just because I was thinking about it. For some reason I felt a bit slow in the water too but this also could have just been in my head. I was about 30 seconds slower on 1000 than I was on Tuesday and averaged 1 minute per lap on the last 250. As I think about it now I realize that getting hung up on my time like this is a waste of time. I mean if I had been 30 seconds slower per lap then I would wonder wtf was going on, but 30 seconds over 1000m - that's only 1.5 seconds slower per lap. So really I'm just whining and feeling bad about what was actually a good swim. Also, this was the first morning I have gone over 1000m so that's awesome. I might try to get out on a ride after work but we need to get up to FoMo to try the QR wetsuits and reserve them for NEXT WEEKEND!!! I suppose we could do it tomorrow but the sooner the better in my mind.

1 comment:

jen said...

Great job on the swim! I agree you shouldn't worry about your pace- especially on a longer swim (1000+). You are a very strong swimmer!

I can't believe the Tri is a week from Sunday!!!!!

We'll do the wetsuits tomorrow afternoon. No worries! Worst case scenario we'll buy 'em. ;)