Thursday, September 27, 2007

Yeah, I got up late - besides, it's a taper week

Morning Swim at 24hr. - 500m
Total Time: 9:11

This morning the alarm went off at 5am and for the first time in a few weeks I hit the snooze and fell back asleep. BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!!!!! It's 5:10 - Crap! I got myself up, dressed, and out the door as quick as I could but I knew I was running a bit behind. I had planned on doing 750 but figured 500 was fine since that would allow me to get in the all important steam and stretch at the end. I ended the swim with 25m on my back just kicking with my legs and alternating one hand by my side and one leading - I've noticed it's getting easier for me to float the more I am in the pool.

Tonight we are heading out to the lake to try out our wetsuits (Jen is picking them up at lunch) then tomorrow we pack and get ready for the Tri!

1 comment:

jen said...

You lazy bum! JK, great job getting out to the pool. And not missing your steam is key :)